WHEELIN' WATER TEAM TRAINER
35 GAL CAPACITY - FOOTBALL HYDRATION, SIDELINE WATER CART, WATER COW
FREE SHIPPING WITHIN CONTINENTAL U.S. - NO EXPRESS SHIPPING - ALLOW 2-3 WEEKS
Wheelin Water Hydration Carts are the finest hydration carts in the world. All of the models are very well thought out and battle tested. The attention to detail and the ease of use are unmatched. Each cart is ergonomically friendly with safety as its main goal. These systems are Made in the USA from quality materials. We use aluminum and steel parts and fittings. Most other systems use plastic parts and fittings that wear down faster and need to be replaced. These carts are well worth the investment. Once you use one you will see why the Wheelin' Water Hydration Carts are the choice of many pro football and hockey teams. All Wheelin Water Hydration Systems ship fully assembled. There is no worry of time-consuming or improper assembly. For more info see below or call us Toll Free- 877-559-5425.
The Team Trainer is perfect for any athletic team that needs cool water on demand. This rugged hydration cart allows for safe and easy manuverability up and down the field. Ships fully assembled. There is no worry of time-consuming or improper assembly. Just connect 2 wires, fill it up and you're ready to roll!
- 8 drinking nozzles on 5 ft coiled hoses. Hoses are designed to help prevent mold/algae.
- 35 gallon poly tank. Sanitizing tablets included with each cart.
- 3.0 GPM 12 volt pump with rechargeable battery and waterproof charger.
- 20 inx 32in top deck, wire mesh basket for hauling items and extra storage
- Lower open frame design allows water to stay cooler. No steel or aluminum plates to heat up the water!
- Easy Glide pneumatic tires with Easy Steering and Manuverability
- Designed to fit through a typical 32 inch doorway for easy storage.
- Add up to 2 more drinking nozzles
- Ships fully assembled. No worry of improper assembly
THESE CARTS SHIP FULLY ASSEMBLED SO THEY CANNOT BE SHIPPED OUTSIDE THE CONTINENTAL U.S.
EXPRESS SHIPPING IS NOT AVAILABLE. ALLOW 2-3 WEEKS FOR DELIVERY - CALL 877-559-5425 FOR CURRENT DELIVERY TIME FRAME
HOW TO CLEAN YOUR POWERED HYDRATION SYSTEM
1. Before putting your powered hydration cart away for the next day, Turn off the power and drain the unit in an area that will not cause puddles or any muddiness. If there is no ice in the tank, save the last 2-3 gallons of water in the tank, if possible. If there is ice in the tank, remove the ice or add warm water to melt. Put the drain cap back on and leave 2-3 gal of water in the tank. Add one steramine tablet per gallon.
2. Allow the tablets to dissolve (about 15 min). While the tablets are dissolving, wipe down the entire unit with a damp cloth to remove dust and debris. Using a pre-mixed solution in a spray bottle, spray the nozzles liberally. Allow the nozzles to remain wet for at least one minute before wiping dry with a clean, dry towel. To speed up the dissolve time of the tablets, add the tablets to a small amount of water and stir or shake vigorously. Then, add the concentrated mix to the tank.
3. Once the tablets have dissolved, turn the power on and run the solution thru each nozzle an equal amount of time until the tank almost runs dry. Aim for at least 60 seconds of flow thru each hose. You can run multiple hoses at once as long as the pressure does not dip too much to get a good cleaning. On most models the hoses are long enough to spray the inside of the tank if needed. Do not run the power when the tank is dry. This will prevent damage to the water pump.
4. After running the solution through, add 1-2 gallons of clean water to the tank. Run the water through each hose and nozzle til each runs clean. Remove the drain cap to drain remaining water and wipe out any excess inside the tank if needed.
5. Using a clean, dry towel, wipe dry the inside of the tank, the drain cap and the tank lid. Press the trigger on each nozzle to release any remaining water. Wipe the nozzles dry and wipe dry any other areas that may be wet. If it will be a cold night, make sure you store the unit in a warm area. Don’t forget to recharge the battery!
WEEKLY CLEANING/MAINTENANCE CHECK
Each week you will need to give your hydration system a thorough cleaning and perform a quick maintenance check to ensure your system runs smoothly season after season.
1. Check each nozzle for functionality and make sure the triggers are properly seated on the nozzles and that the connections are tight. Check hoses for kinks, cuts or any other damage.
2. Inspect the inline strainer near the water pump for any clogs. Keeping it free of clogs will extend the life of the pump.
3. Check all battery and toggle switch connections to make sure they are secured properly and that no wires are pinched or out of place.
4. Inspect the manifold for cracks, chips or dents and any other signs of leaking.
5. Check that the water pump (motor) is tightly secured. Ensure that no screws or wires have come loose or fallen out. Do not over-tighten screws.
6. Check the wheel assembly for debris, loose connections, damaged tread and proper inflation (some models).
7. Check all frame connection points, screws, nuts etc. to make sure all are fastened securely. Make sure the tank is secure.
8. Use a mild dish soap diluted with water and dampen a soft cloth. Wipe the entire unit down making sure not to get any of the battery connections too damp.
9. Remove the drinking hoses from the manifold and immerse them in a solution of mild dish soap and very warm water. Let soak for 5-10 minutes. Use a narrow bottle brush or baby bottle nipple brush to clean out the nozzle openings. If your system does not have quick disconnects or you do not feel comfortable disconnecting the hoses, you can move the tub near the unit so the nozzles can fit in the tub without disconnecting. This will also save you time.
10. Pour 1-2 gallons of water with some mild dish soap into the tank and use a clean, lint-free towel or sponge to wash the inside of the tank, drain cap and tank lid. Do not run the power. Soapy water is not intended to be run through the pump. Drain the tank, replace drain cap, add more clean water, slosh it around the tank to get the sides. Wipe the sides with a clean towel or sponge, drain again and then perform steps 1-5 of the daily cleaning routine.
PREPARING FOR STORAGE
Perform all of the steps above. Remove hoses and nozzles. Inspect them thoroughly and replace any that look unsanitary, worn or damaged. Order new parts now so you don’t have to wait next season. Place hoses and nozzles in ziplock bags with silica gel packets to help keep moisture out. Once dry, put silica gel packets inside the tank. Cover the tank with a tarp or trash bag. Remove the battery and store it with the battery tender where it can be monitored and charged every 3-4 weeks for 2-3 hrs or until fully charged. Always store in a warm, dry place. Keep covered. Avoid freezing temperatures. Batteries, pumps, hoses and nozzles can freeze and crack.
WHEN HYDRATION IS YOUR #1 PRIORITY
FOR MORE INFO CALL AN EXPERT: 877-559-5425
EMAIL : INFO@WIZARDSPORTS.COM